#vscocam #afropunk14 #comedyduo #brooklyn #brothers @keithlucas @kennylucas #lucasbrothers (at Afropunkfest 2014)
Photog:H. Katzen https://www.facebook.com/hkatzenphotography
MUA: LitToyia Allen
Model: Allyse http://artificialallycat.tumblr.com/
Debutante Ball In Harlem
This is dope as hell
This has to be one of my favorite posts, ever.
For because again
#vscocam #coneyisland #goodtimeswithgoodpeople #baby #mother #brooklyn Carlos and I had the chance to spend an evening with one of his oldest and best friends, his wife and their beautiful daughters, including the cutie shown here (at Coney Island)
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.—
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
The difference between abuse & neglect and genuine love for a child that may be trans.
i will never not reblog this
Ferguson has blown open the conversation about police brutality. But we need to understand that “Black” does not only refer to men.
"To be victorious we must find love in the little things"
"Victory" by Janelle Monáe
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
interesting how the answers change as the men get younger
Celebs narrate free audiobook for Dungeons & Dragons’ 40th anniversary!
Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, Weird Al, Sean Astin, Ice-T and more celebrate four decades of dice-rolling derring-do by lending their voices to a free Audible audiobook by R.A. Salvatore.
a question of appropriation, nayyirah waheed (via beautiful-ambition)
wow this is so real…..do you do things for yourself or to let others witness you doing it?